Foren-Übersicht / Formel 1 / Historisches

Zurückgerundet

Das Formel 1 Forum früherer Tage...
Beitrag Montag, 23. Juli 2012

Gibt's ein paar Beispiele, die euch noch im Kopf sind?

irvine suzuka '93 hat es versucht, allerdings am ende wesentlich ungünstiger als hamilton in hockenheim.

Aber dafür war Sennas Reaktion darauf besser... :D)
"Wir sind beide tolle Fahrer, nur dass der eine mehr Glück hatte, so lange Zeit in einem so guten Auto zu sitzen."

"I'm just trying to race and this sport these days is more about penalties than about racing. "

du meinst der seb sollte mal auf den hamilton?...

naja, besonders clever war das, was danach folgte auch nicht unbedingt in der summe. auch wenn die ausgangslage im rennen ja eine andere war.

ich finde es bis heute noch erstaunlich, warum irvine die nummer mit senna damals so provokant durchgezogen hat. immerhin war das helmdesign des iren ja an jenes von senna direkt angelehnt. in der f3000 fuhr er sogar mit einer replica des helms des brasilianers, so wie alesi mit einer von de angelis.

CMR CMR

Rosberg 1985 in Brands Hatch. Nach seinem Unfall mit Piquet nach ein paar Runden musste er in die Box für einen neuen Hinterreifen. Er kam dann kurz vor dem Führenden Senna raus. Dieser musste sich hinter Rosberg anstellen und Mansell konnte zuerst an Senna vorbei in Führung und wenig später auch an Rosberg. Am Ende konnte sich Rosberg wieder zurückrunden und wurde mit einer knappen Minute Rückstand dritter.

Beitrag Dienstag, 24. Juli 2012

Zwei interessante Beispiele

Hat jemand Aussagen von Irvine/Senna damals?

Beitrag Mittwoch, 25. Juli 2012

Zu dem Zwischenfall von Irvine und Senna 1993 in Suzuka hab ich auf TNF folgendes gefunden. Vielleicht jemand der Vollständigkeit halber noch ein Interview oder Aussagen von Senna zu dem Thema:

Irvine: I am in a Jordan which has never scored a point that year and I am racing with a Williams for fourth. Senna comes up behind me, I let him through and Damon holds him up for a lap and a half. So then I see the opportunity to overtake Senna and then overtake Hill, which I did -- then Hill overtook me again, then I overtook Hill and the battle went on but Damon was the one who was totally in the wrong. He should have let Senna through straight away, as I did.

Hilton: Did you have any doubts about overtaking Senna?

Irvine: No, because he wasn't going to overtake Hill. Hill was chopping him and Senna was leading the race by a long way and there was no need for him to take a risk. I needed to get past Hill as soon as I could.

Hilton: Is this also a way of you saying "I've arrived"?

Irvine: No, I didn't think of that at all. Honestly, it wasn't even Senna in that car. That was the car between me and Hill.

Hilton: And afterwards he came looking for you but he didn't know what you looked like and kept saying "which one's Irvine"?

Irvine: I know. In the warm-up I was running more fuel or something and I remember he chopped me. He did something to try and say "hey, I'm Ayrton Senna" and I was thinking what a wanker, you know, grow up. It's the warm-up and you want to overtake me, fine, overtake me, but in the races...

I thought it was very sad that a guy with his reputation and his record had to show a little guy who's just come into Formula 1 that he is the king. You shouldn't need to show it. Childish.

Hilton: And what about the incident itself when he came down and "attacked" you?

Irvine: He lost control and I was totally calm, sitting there just arguing. I was standing up for what I had done, for what my thoughts on the situation were. He lost the plot, screaming and shouting.

Beitrag Mittwoch, 25. Juli 2012

Das hab ich auch noch aus TNF:

The verbal exchange between them reads as follows:
Senna : What the **** do you think you were doing?
Irvine : I was racing!
Senna : You were racing? Do you know the rule that you're supposed to let the leaders come by when you're a back marker?
Irvine : If you were going fast enough, it was no problem.
Senna : I overtook you! And you went three times off the road in front of me, at the same place, like ****ing netter Mensch, where there was oil. And you were throwing stones and all things in front of me for three laps. When I took you, you realised I was ahead of you. And when I came up behind Hill, because he was on slicks and in difficulties, you should have stayed behind me. You took a very big risk to put me out of the race.
Irvine : Where did I put you in any danger?
Senna : You didn't put me in any danger?
Irvine : Did I touch you? Did I touch you once?
Senna : No, but you were that much from touching me, and I happened to be the ****ing leader. I HAPPENED TO BE THE ****ING LEADER!
Irvine : A miss is as good as a mile.
Senna : I tell you something. If you don't behave properly in the next event, you can just rethink what you do. I can guarantee you that.
Irvine : The stewards said "No problem. Nothing was wrong."
Senna : Yeah? You wait till Australia. You wait till Australia, when the stewards will talk to you. Then you tell me if they tell you this.
Irvine : Hey, I'm out there to do the best for me.
Senna : This is not correct. You want to do well. I understand, because I've been there I understand. But it's very unprofessional. If you are a back marker, because you happen to be lapped ...
Irvine : But I would have followed you if you'd overtaken Hill!
Senna : You should let the leader go by ...
Irvine : I understand that fully!
Senna : ... and not come by and do the things you did. You nearly hit Hill in front of me three times, because I saw, and I could of collected you and him as a result, and that's not the way to do that.
Irvine : But I'm racing! I'm racing! You just happened to ...
Senna : You're not racing! You're driving like a ****ing netter Mensch. You're not a racing driver, you're a ****ing netter Mensch!
Irvine: You talk, you talk. You were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Senna : I was in the wrong place at the wrong time?
Irvine : Yes. I was battling with Hill.
Senna : Really? Really? Just tell me one thing. Who is supposed to have the call? You, or the leader of the race who comes through to lap you?
Irvine : The leader of the race.
Senna : So what have you done?
Irvine : You, you were too slow, and I had to overtake you to try to get at Hill.
Senna : Really? How did I lap you if I was too slow?
Irvine : Rain. Because on slicks you were quicker than me, on wets you weren't.
Senna : Really? Really? How did I come and overtake you on wets?
Irvine : Huh?
Senna : How come I overtook you on wets?
Irvine : I can't remember that. I don't actually remember the race.
Senna : Exactly. Because you are not competent enough to remember. That's how it goes you know.
Irvine : Fair enough. Fair enough. That's what you think.
Senna : You be careful guy.
Irvine : I will. I'll watch out for you.
Senna : You're gonna have problems not with me only, but with lots of other guys, also the FIA.
Irvine : Yeah?
Senna : You bet.
Irvine : Yeah? Good.
Senna : Yeah? It's good to know that.
Irvine : See you out there.
Senna : It's good to know that.
Irvine : See you out there ...

Beitrag Donnerstag, 26. Juli 2012

Noch eine Frage zu dem Thema, eher was für Statistikfans (Bleimula66, Alfalfa,...): Gab es schon mal einen Grand Prix, wo ein Fahrer gewann, der im Rennen mal eine Runde Rückstand hatte? Meinetwegen auch vor 1950?

Beitrag Donnerstag, 09. August 2012

Allein wegen solchen Aktionen werde ich Irvine immer in der Formel 1 vermissen.
Bild

Beitrag Dienstag, 14. August 2012

Ja Irvine, Montoya, Villeneuve - solche Typen würde der Formel-1 gut stehen.

Zurück zu Historisches